Automated decision-making means that a decision which is likely to have legal effects or similarly significant effects on the User, is taken solely by technological means, without any human intervention.
This Application may use the User's Personal Data to make decisions entirely or partially based on automated processes according to the purposes outlined in this document.
This Application adopts automated decision-making processes as far as necessary to enter into or perform a contract between User and Owner, or on the basis of the User’s explicit consent, where such consent is required by the law.
Automated decisions are made by technological means – mostly based on algorithms subject to predefined criteria – which may also be provided by third parties.
The rationale behind the automated decision making is:
- to enable or otherwise improve the decision-making process;
- to grant Users fair and unbiased treatment based on consistent and uniform criteria;
- to reduce the potential harm derived from human error, personal bias and the like which may potentially lead to discrimination or imbalance in the treatment of individuals etc.;
- to reduce the risk of User's failure to meet their obligation under a contract.
To find out more about the purposes, the third-party services, if any, and any specific rationale for automated decisions used within this Application, Users can check the relevant sections in this document.
Consequences of automated decision-making processes for Users and rights of Users subjected to it
As a consequence, Users subject to such processing, are entitled to exercise specific rights aimed at preventing or otherwise limiting the potential effects of the automated decisions taken.
In particular, Users have the right to:
- obtain an explanation about any decision taken as a result of automated decision-making and express their point of view regarding this decision;
- challenge a decision by asking the Owner to reconsider it or take a new decision on a different basis;
- request and obtain from the Owner human intervention on such processing.
To learn more about the User’s rights and the means to exercise them, the User is invited to consult the section of this document relating to the rights of the User.
Owner Data controller
Orvital S.p.A. - Via Darwin, 63 – 20019 Settimo Milanese (MI) – Italy
Indirizzo email del Titolare: email@example.com